Due to the highly rigorous nature of the MFE programme, the stringent admission requirements are in place to ensure the quality of our students, and that this programme is suited for you.
Please make sure you meet the following admission requirements before you apply:
- A good undergraduate degree in applied mathematics, applied science, statistics, computer science, engineering, economics, or other quantitative fields. We will also consider applicants from other disciplines.
- A good GMAT or GRE score.* This is compulsory. You may take either the GMAT or GRE although the GRE is preferred. For GRE, please take the General Test. GMAT/GRE must be taken within the last five years at the time of submitting your application.
- A minimum of two years relevant working experience after obtaining the first degree is preferred, but not required.
- TOEFL is required if the medium of instruction during your undergraduate studies was not in English. Please indicate Institution code no. 6538. IELTS is accepted in place of TOEFL.
*Notes on GMAT and GRE:
- To request GMAT score report to be sent to us, please indicate Program Code: V24-ZV-17 (2006 onwards) or search under: Nanyang Technological University; Nanyang Business School; MSc (Financial Engineering)
- For GRE, please indicate Institution code no. 0291 (Nanyang Technological U, Grad Studies); Department code no. 4399 (Business-Other)
With effect from AY2014/2015, all students who are successfully admitted into the MFE Programme would be required to take the Math Preparatory Course which will be conducted in June/July, before term begins.
Students are also required to complete the programme within the stipulated period:
|Minimum Candidature |
|Full-Time ||12 months (3 trimesters or 6 mini terms) |
|Part-Time ||24 months (6 trimesters or 12 mini terms) |
|Maximum Candidature |
|Full-Time ||24 months (6 trimesters or 12 mini terms) |
|Part-Time ||48 months (12 trimesters or 24 mini terms) |